If you are thinking about sending your child here and would like to come and visit Walter Halls School then please contact the school office to arrange a time by telephoning 0115 9150045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be shown round by the Head Teacher or the Deputy Head Teacher. A tour from a member of our school council may also be offered or can be arranged.
Admission to Nursery
If you would like your child to attend our nursery please download and complete the form below and return to the school office.
AM - 8:45am - 11:45am
PM - 12:15pm - 3:15pm
- We have two intakes into F1 each academic year - September and January.
- Children can only join our F1 the term AFTER they turn three years old, as this is when the funding becomes available. Currently we DO NOT offer places for children aged two and under.
- If you are interested in a place in F1 for your child(ren), the first step you need to take is to arrange a visit to have a look around.
- The time available for visits is Tuesday mornings between 9am and 10am during our "Stay and Play" sessions as Mrs Hill is always available at this time to talk to parents. Families are welcome to bring their child(ren) along to this visit. During the visit Mrs Hill will give you a "registration form" to complete and a letter and then add your child(ren) to the waiting list.
- Families who cannot attend a visit can collect a form and a letter from F1 or from the office and complete and return it and then will be added onto the waiting list.
- 15 hours a week. A morning session runs from 8.40-11.40am, an afternoon session runs from 12.15-3.10pm. All children aged 3-4 are eligible for these places. Children attend either 5 mornings or 5 afternoon sessions - we do not "mix and match" morning and afternoons.
- 30 hours a week places under the Government Scheme for working families. Only families who meet the requirements set out by HMRC are eligible for these places. Families need to make their own enquiries about whether they are eligible - a good starting point for this is childcarechoices.gov.uk
- If families wish for Mrs Hill to contact them to discuss please contact the school office to provide:
- and email address as this is the simplest way for Mrs Hill to contact you
- a phone number
- your child(ren)'s date of birth so we know in advance when they would start.
There are significant benefits for families to apply online:
- quick and easy
- simple step by step instructions
- safe and secure
- applicants will receive immediate email confirmation that their application has been submitted successfully
- parents can change their application right up to the time of the closing date.
- Parents will receive a decision on their applications by email on the national offer day.
Parents/carers need to ensure they make their applications for school places in good time for next year.
More and more families are applying online at www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/schooladmissions as it is quick, safe and secure. You will then receive a decision on your application by email on the offer date rather than having to wait for your decision letter to arrive by post. If you need any help with the process you can visit the website or call 0115 841 5568.