Ready: We are READY to listen, READY to learn. We are READY for new challenges. We show each other how we are READY every day.
Respectful: We are RESPECTFUL to everyone we meet in school. We use kind words and welcome everyone. We listen to other’s opinions and share ours in a safe way.
Safe: We are SAFE and keep each other SAFE. We have kind hands, feet and words. We think about where we are and make smart choices with our actions.
- Provide a safe, comfortable and caring environment where optimum learning takes place
- Provide clear guidance for children, staff and parents of expected levels of behaviour
- Use a consistent and calm approach
- Ensure ALL adults take responsibility for managing behaviour and follow-up incidents personally
- Ensure ALL adults use consistent language to promote positive behaviour and
- Use restorative approaches instead of punishments.