- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets for school improvement;
- help to continue to drive school improvement plan;
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice;
- help the school respnhd to the needs of parents and our local community;
- work with the school on planning and developing policies;
- to exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff, not intervene in the day-to-day manament of the school.
Our governing body is generally composed of people from four different groups:
- Member of staff from school
- Representatives from the Local Authority
- Members of the local community
Our aim is to work together as a group to support the school, particularly to help form the overall vision of the school for children's education. We never lose sight of who the most important people in the school are - the children. We want the best for them and our decision making will also have them at the heart of it.