- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 drops liquid food colouring - any colour of your choosing
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cold water, oil and drops of food colouring and mix together.
- When your ingredients are well mixed, take them out of your bowl and place your dough onto a flat surface, such as grease proof paper.
- Knead vigorously for a few minutes, until your dough feels like play dough and all of the stickiness has gone.
What is kneading? This is when you press, massage, squeeze and fold your dough.
- If your dough is too wet, add a little extra flour and carry on kneading.
- If your dough is too dry and crumbly, add an extra drop of cold water and carry on kneading.
- Make sure you add any extra ingredients a little bit at a time.